Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Moody Blues: Tuesday Afternoon....

Blog/Website of the Day: Random House Publisher has started a new suspense page called Blood on the Page found at http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/blood_on_the_page/. Author Sean Doolittle is being host of the blog and is offering chapters 1-5 of his book SAFER.

Heard back from an application I turned in ... yesterday. Saying thank you but no thank you. Quick turn around. They make up their mind quickly there. I have to hope that there was nothing shady going on with one of the owners of this company being on the Board of the Symphony.

So.... in the event I may have to hire myself if no one will hire me... I have a new plan of attack but I'm not spilling the beans until I have to. I may have finally seen the light regarding what really is an evergreen job even if I don't like it very much. Sorry to be cryptic but I'm not going to jinx myself by talking about it.

I began talking to an art dealer today about some postcards I have from Yellowstone National Park from the early 1900s. I hope to sell them soon and for more than what he is saying they might go for. He know some collectors and will get back to me. He's indicating that I probably won't get more than $7 each for them but I've got to get AT THE VERY LEAST $10 each. It would be nice to get more and perhaps in a bigger collecting market they would but here we are.

Still holding auditions in the reading department. Tried several chapters of the Leonard Downie book but it just didn't click with me though the topic of journalists covering DC was interesting, the telling was a bit flat and didn't care about the characters or situation much. Read a few pages of AJ Hartley (suspense in the archeology/Indiana Jones type) called THE MASK OF ATREUS which is the first of three in series and I read the first several pages of the first Steven Havill police procedural series called HEARTSHOT. I thought I had read one of the Havills previously but I didn't remember that they were in first person like this one is. So I've not settled on one yet to really capture my attention.

Looks like a snow storm is headed this way. Severe winter weather warning from 6 am tomorrow until the following morning. Supposed to get 2 inches in the morning and another 2-3 inches by the evening. I guess it is still winter but it was in the 50s today and I so getting used to slogging through the mud when I walk Tug.

I've been watching some more Veronica Mars Season 2 and enjoying very much. I don't think there's anything on tv tonight so I'll probably read.

Tug is staring at me. I am so not a cool mom. "All you do is stare at computer screens and not pay attention to me. Daddy is way cooler than you and when is he coming home?"

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: