Thursday, August 13, 2009

Looks like Friday's coming!


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is The Misadventures of Super Librarian found at http://super_librarian.blogspot.com/. I love book lovers with a sense of humor.


I finished THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLES by Susanna Gregory this afternoon. There didn't seem to be as much going around and around of the clues and suspects as in previous books or maybe I just didn't mind as much. I figured out some of the solution along the way but not all.


Next up will either be VANISHED by Joseph Finder or THE WHITE QUEEN by Philippa Gregory. Both are 14-day books from the library I picked up today. Hmmm... contemporary or historical? Action or drama?


Coming home from the library, I noticed the roadside stand selling corn was up again for the weekend so I stopped and got a dozen. Corn on the cob tonight! It was good last week but they said it was even better this week for getting bigger and riper. Num.


The Steelers play an exhibition game on tv this evening. This is Steve's team but I don't know if we'll watch it; he doesn't usually favor exhibition games and tonight has gun shows on one of the outdoor channels. I hope to spend time figuring out what to read next. :)


I got up at 12:30 last night to do some viewing of the Perseids meteor shower. They zip by so freaking fast. You have to keep your eyes moving yet at the same time be watching peripherially to catch them. I stayed out on the deck for 25 minutes and saw 12 before I decided sleep was the better option. I was worried that there'd be too many clouds since we had a storm blow through but there was plenty of sky to look at by then. I love looking at the stars.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: