Friday, July 10, 2015

One minor detail to ruling the world


One of the best things to come out of Comic Con yesterday was from the Sherlock panel. I LOVE and ADORE Sherlock. At the panel, they played a pre-recorded clip from the actor who plays Moriarty (oh so fabulously). The best part is in the last 5 seconds:



That's one of Moriarty's iconic sayings -- "Miss me?". He is so psychotic. I was so squee-ing each time I saw it (I replayed it about 25 times) and apparently the hall at the convention, filled with hundreds of people, just ROARED.



It must be so fun to play a great villain. One of those scene-chewing you-love-to-hate-them villains. I don't mean bad guys. Bad guys are a dime a dozen, run-of-the-mill. I mean VILLAIN: a character whose evil actions or motives transcend the plot of the movie or TV show.


Some of my favorites are:

  • Moriarty from Sherlock, played by Andrew Scott:


  • Loki from Thor/Avengers, played by Tom Hiddleston:


  • Hans Gruber, Die Hard, played by Alan Rickman:


  • And to be equal opportunity, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, voiced by Pat Carroll:


  • And I already did a clip yesterday of Dr. Horrible, played by Neil Patrick Harris, but here's a gif for extras:

 
I mean, they ENJOY it. Being bad isn't bad, it's something to embrace and revel in.


No plans for the weekend, other than the usual stuff. Now go out and be bad.


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: