Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Searching ....


So. I've just learned that the lead actor from my latest binge-watch obsession couple, When Calls The Heart, is leaving the show. After finally getting the wedding about three episodes ago.




They kill him off.


Unless this is some big season ending cliff hanger that has duped all the fans ... but those in the know are telling me the actor has left.


SO ... I gotta find a new binge-watch obsession couple. I adore true-love-delayed stories. Couples who are kept apart season after season. Oh the heartache and angst and I love it. I'm like a shark, constantly needing to be fed.


I suppose it all started with my high school/college era soap operas in the 1980s. Super couples.

Days of Our Lives. Roman and Marlena.


 Santa Barbara. Mason and Julia.  And the YEARS spent on trying to get them happily ever after.
 

But they never are. There's ALWAYS SOMETHING.  I should have learned my lesson back then. These actors (usually it's the male, damn them) left the shows and they recast the roles and it was never the same.  One invests one's time -- season after season sometimes .... years....  hoping they will get together at last.....



.... and our emotions.

 
I've done Arrow, of course. Oliver and Felicity. Olicity. Six seasons.



NCIS Los Angeles, of course. Deeks and Kensi. Densi. Nine seasons.



Scorpion. Toby and Happy. Quintis.  Four seasons.



Once Upon a Time. Snow White and Prince Charming. Snowing. (for really only two seasons because the show lost focus after that)


Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fitz and Simmons. Fitzsimmons. Five seasons.


(Side note: of course you are, baby, that's why I love you)


The Ghost Whisperer. Melinda and Jim. Five seasons. (they were unique because they started out married and stayed happily that way. Mostly.)



Outlander. Jamie and Claire. Three seasons.



Timeless. Lucy and Wyatt. It's just in its beginning stages because we're only five episodes into the 2nd season. It's still early days on them. But it's starting.


I thought I had found another new one with When Calls the Heart.



Damn them.


Just. Dang it. So I'm on the hunt again.


 Have a good day.


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: