Monday, April 27, 2020

Ready to take on the world ... or Monday



Currently reading MEDICUS by Ruth Downie. 1st of 8 in series featuring Gaius Petreius Ruso, a Roman army physician in second century Roman Britain


The Gods are not smiling on army doctor Gaius Petreius Ruso in his new posting in Britannia. He has vast debts, long shifts, and an overbearing hospital administrator to deal with . . . not to mention a serial killer stalking the local streets. Barmaids' bodies are being washed up with the tide and no one else seems to care. It's up to Ruso to summon all his skills to investigate, even though the breakthroughs in forensic science lie centuries in the future, and the murderer may be hunting him down too. If only the locals would just stop killing each other and if only it were possible to find a decent glass of wine, and someone who can cook, Ruso's prospects would be a whole lot sunnier....
 Published 2007. 400 pages. I think I read this when it came out. At least I know I started it. I can't remember finishing it. 

I'm in the mood for it I think because this weekend I started to watch a British documentary series called Walking Through History.



Host Tony Robinson (actor, and host of 20 years of Time Team archeology TV show) spends four days walking about 50 miles in different parts of Britain where historical things have happened. For instance, WWII, the Industrial Revolution, smuggling in Cornwall, Tudor happenings, and Roman invasion, etc. This is exactly my cuppa.


I worked a bit more on the olive-colored bead crochet bracelet.


Looks better in light.

Nothing on TV tonight but I do still feel like beading so hopefully Steve will play on this computer so I can watch some more episodes.




Have a good day


Much love
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: