Friday, May 5, 2023

TGIF

 It's Friday, people.

 Bead group decided to reschedule tomorrow's coffee shop visit. A couple people have other things going on.


 I'm better from the intestinal bug I had but a little bit of food issues left but definitely almost mended. An extra day of not going anywhere is lovely. Also, I want to watch the King Charles III coronation stuff ...

 .... and I think I also have a webinar I want to tune into.

 And lots to read. So much to read. Last month I also signed up for a monthly Harlequin bundle. You get more books for the buck if you do internet-only books. This is what I finally chose for April.


 So more books to read! Luckily, category romances are short, quick reads. 

I think I may be listening to this one via Audible while working today. A REGIMENTAL MURDER by Ashley Gardner. 2nd of 16 in series featuring Gabriel Lacey, a former cavalry officer in Regency-era London, England.

 

London 1816. Returning home through a sticky London night in July 1816, Captain Gabriel Lacey is surprised to see a well-dressed, elegant woman stride to the middle of an unfinished bridge. Following her in curiosity, Lacey is on hand to rescue her from an attack by a footpad. As grateful as she is for the help, the lady refuses to give her name and direction, and so Lacey takes her to his own rooms in a street off Covent Garden to rest. He discovers that she is one Lydia Westin, wife of Colonel Roehampton Westin, who has recently been accused of murdering an English officer in Portugal during the Peninsular War. Before he could come to trial, however, Colonel Westin was found dead at the foot of the staircase in his own house. Lydia declares that her husband was murdered and that she knows the culprits' identities. Intrigued, Lacey begins to investigate, and soon finds himself mired in scandals past and present.

Published 2004; 313 pages.

I'm still reading the Penrose historical mystery and I a couple library books out, and YouTube book videos to watch, and reading sprints tonight and Sunday afternoon ....

 And the usual napping and gosh it would be good to clean something but we'll see how it goes.

Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: