Thursday, August 31, 2023

Attitude


 Thursday

 Currently reading SECRET SERVICE by Tom Bradby. 1st of 3 in series featuring Kate Henderson, a senior MI-6 officer in the UK and Europe.


 Senior MI6 officer Kate Henderson is in possession of the political equivalent of a nuclear bomb. She heads up the Russia Desk of the Secret Intelligence Service, and one of her undercover operations has revealed some alarming evidence that a senior UK politician is a high-level Russian informer. Determined to find the identity of the traitor, Kate must risk everything to get to the truth. Until a young woman is brutally murdered as a consequence, which puts Kate and her team under the spotlight. With blood on her hands, her reputation to uphold, her family hanging by a thread, and an election looming, Kate is quickly running out of options—and out of time . . .

Published 2019; 345 pages. It's jumping the queue because it's due back to the library in a couple days. I'm liking it. For Spy vs Spy September.

Reading update:


 I've got reading sprints to run tonight so I hope to get a good chunk read of the Bradby. I also have sprints on Saturday afternoon. With the three-day weekend, I was considering coming into the office on Saturday morning to get some work done on MY stuff without all the interruptions. Then have two days of off work still.

 Oh, and I got summoned for jury duty. Darn it. I would like to but I had to respond with "please excuse me for hardship reasons" because we're too short handed. A five-person office is getting by with -- barely -- with three. Two people just can't do it for X number of days I'd be out. So we'll see.

On a positive note, perhaps, one of the two employment agencies we're with just sent us a resume so we'll see.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: