Sunday, July 14, 2013

What? They use mud at spas don't they?

9136832247_571af5f558_z


I supposed needless to say, Steve and I were glad with the verdict heard around the country last night. These two quotes sum up my feelings:

“To celebrate justice rendered in this case is not an admission or an articulation that Trayvon Martin deserved what happened to him that fateful night in February of 2012.  As most will acknowledge, it’s a sad and unfortunate thing that Martin lost his life and that his parents had to bury their son.  The jury ruled – considering the evidence presented – rightly in my opinion.  George Zimmerman is innocent of the filed charges against him.  Despite the considerable emotion surrounding this case, justice has been served.  It is not ‘justice for Trayvon.’  Nor it is ‘justice for George.’  It is simply justice.”
- Derryck Green,


“The justice system did what it is supposed to do – get to the bottom of what happened.  Agree or not, our system works.  George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin, by his own admission.  He has to live with that, and I believe God will judge him for that action.  But the jury decided that action did not rise to the level of manslaughter or murder.  I accept and respect that.  We all should, whether or not we agree with it.”
- Coby Dillard

I truly do recommend highly the book MUGGED: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama by Ann Coulter. This case is a classic example of what has been going on for years by media and government in the so-called "race war".

The other good political news is that former governor Schweitzer announced he wasn't going to run for the senate seat that Baucus is leaving. Woot! They're all corrupt.


Today I'll be doing clothes laundry, making chili in the crockpot for my lunches this week, and dehydrating some beets for chips (fingers crossed). I managed to find space for the newly alphabetized books temporarily. Next, I should go through the couple boxes I've set aside as not wanted anymore. Put them up on paperbackswap to see if there are any takers.

I'm making an enchilada for Steve for dinner tonight and I'll have a taco salad using the same hamburger, I think. Last night's steak turned out pretty good, I thought, a little rarer than we like but really tasty. I'm learning each time to do it better. The biggest trick I learned is to let it rest for five minutes under a tent of tinfoil right after you take it off the heat. Keeps the juices in and lets the meat "relax", i.e. gets back to tender. 

We had a storm blow through yesterday evening that cooled things off so nicely. I'm hoping Steve will mow the lawn today.  

I'm still reading the Morson book. I've always pictured Stephen Fry in the role of Falconer. Someone should create a PBS series for him based on these. We've got Long Island Medium and Ice Road Truckers to watch on TV.

Gotta get to work....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster   

No comments: