Sunday, November 24, 2013

Can we please just relax today?

10875736974_19b096096a_z


We made it through the day yesterday, from 10:30 until 8pm. I walked the boys at 6:45. The funeral at 1:00 went very well though the pastor who did the eulogy/sermon was a complete doofus. The gravesite was nice -- folding of the American flag and presented to Alice, 21 gun-salute, taps, handing of three brass to Alice from the 21-gun salute. The reception at the Shrine Auditorium was also fine, saw lots of people and went until 5. We ran back to the funeral home to pack up the flowers, then Steve and I went home quickly for him to change clothes and me to feed the dogs and then finally we went to dinner at The Granary at 6pm. The Granary is a very fancy restaurant in Billings - and it was extremely meh to the point of being bad food.

The jacket I had gotten from Christopher Banks last weekend to wear to the funeral felt comfortable and got compliments so I was pleased that I didn't let anyone down in looking frumpy :)

Today, I have all the weekend cleaning and laundry to do but otherwise we are taking it easy. My feet are hurting - I stood too much/too long yesterday out of necessity.

Tonight we have The Walking Dead and The Talking Dead to watch. And I think I'm making sausage/hashbrown casserole for Steve and I think I'm (finally) going to have a sort-of Reuben - without the bread for dinner.

Here's something fun to view:



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: