Monday, June 30, 2014

Zero percent photoshopped


I'm not a cat person, but I would want this cat.

Okey dokey. Some explanation for last week. Dad was in the hospital but he's home now. There will be some adjusting to do there but for now, things are okay.  Pretty much back to normal this week here.

I'm currently reading ON BASILISK STATION by David Weber. This is 1st of 14 in series featuring Honor Harrington, an officer in the Royal Manticoran Navy. Here's a description:
Commander Harrington is at the helm of her first serious starship, the HMS Fearless. But her excitement quickly fades--political maneuvering by top brass in the Manticoran navy has left her light cruiser outfitted with a half-baked experimental weapons system. Against all odds (just the way Honor likes it), she still manages a clever coup in tactical war games, a feat that earns her accolades--and enemies. The politicians she's offended banish her to a galactic backwater, Basilisk Station. But that outpost soon proves to be a powder keg, and it's up to Harrington and the Fearless crew to thwart the aggressive plans of the Haven Republic.

Published in 1993, it has 432 pages. I was in the mood for a space opera with an intelligent gutsy female. Perfect.

Tomorrow after work, the new Anna Lee Huber book will arrive. Woot! I'll give the description on Wednesday.

And in the category of no good deed goes unpunished: I mowed the back yard on Saturday -- because someone else wasn't doing it -- and it was such a windy day, the grass kept blowing back on me ... and  I got pink eye in both eyes by Saturday night. Luckily, I had some drops for that at home and I'm 95% better. Plus the mower ran out of gas halfway through so I had to get some help from you-know-who. Bah.

Nothing really on TV tonight so I will hopefully read.

We're having fireworks after dark already (we're outside city limits). Ryker is afraid and will either cuddle with me or hide in my closet. Last night I gave him a Benedryl with the vet's okay. He hid in the basement with Steve so I couldn't really observe how that went. I'll try again tonight but give it to him earlier.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: