Thursday, January 14, 2021

It's my 4th full day this week ... can I go home yet?


 Thursday.

 


 One of my goals of the year is to eat healthily again. I'm back to doing the Whole 30/Paleo food plan which also means a lot of homemade cooking. Yesterday was just a yucky windy day so I got in the mood for soup. I found a recipe for Zuppa Toscano that was rather easy to make. Here's a representative photo of what the soup looks like.



Really tasty. Sausage, potatoes, kale, bacon in creamy chicken broth. This will go on my regular rotation for winter I think. 

I don't know what to make for tonight. Maybe hamburgers (no bun). And for a veggie, I'm thinking of trying roasted radishes for me.

 


 I'm a little stalled out on my reading -- after binging while I was sick. My go-to slump buster is Margaret Frazer. This is a re-read but it has been many many years since I read it.

 We've got BattleBots to watch tonight. 

 


Currently reading THE PRIORESS' TALE by Margaret Frazer. 7th of 17 in series featuring Dame Frevisse, a medieval nun in Oxfordshire, England.


 Under the harsh hand of its newly elected prioress, St. Frideswide's has become a place of deadly sin. The corruption has grown subtly and slowly, but it has found fertile soil in the rage and greed of Domina Alys, who has turned the priory into a boarding house for her relatives, the Godfreys. Dame Frevisse is horrified to discover that the modest stores of the priory – desperately needed if the nuns are to survive the coming winter – are being completely consumed by the rapacious Godfrey clan. But the Godfreys bring with them more immediate terrors: Torture. Madness. Kidnapping. Murder. The sanctuary of the cloister has been violated and even the holy rites of the nuns have been ripped apart. Despite the growing crisis, Frevisse's best efforts to save the nunnery from itself are met with scorn and torment as bitter hatreds and old rivalries turn nun against nun. Suspicion, paranoia, and despair clutch the cloister's heart. If Frevisse cannot unlock the riddles of penitence for her prioress and for herself, then St. Frideswide's may be no more...

Published 1997; 260 pages. 

Have a good day

 

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: