Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Maybe they'll just ignore me


 Tuesday. My brain keeps saying it's Wednesday.

 


 We've got Curse of Oak Island tonight on TV and I've got live stream of Randee of Thunderhorses (Found Objects lady). At the same time.

 


And it's bingo night on Thunderhorses again but maybe I won't play. My cards were ice cold last time.

 


 And I don't feel like cooking tonight. Maybe I'll pick up some KFC for dinner.

 


On the reading front, I still haven't officially chosen anything yet. I kinda want to read a SFF book. But I think I'm kinda also in a nonfiction mood. I've been reading the sample of THE STAMP ACT CRISIS: Prologue to the Revolution by Edmund S Morgan and Helen M. Morgan.

 


The Stamp Act (1765), the first direct tax on the American colonies, provoked an immediate and violent response. This identifies the issues that caused the confrontation and explores the ways in which the conflict was a prelude to the American Revolution. The Morgans focus the Stamp Act's effects on one specific colony, Massachusetts. Through the events leading to its passage, its aftershocks, and its repeal, we see the journey through the eyes of key men such as Governor Francis Bernard, Pamphleteer Daniel Dulany, and royal stamp customs officers Jared Ingersoll and John Hughes.

Published 1953. 341 pages. I don't know if I'll stick with it or not. We'll see.

 

Have a good day

 


 Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: