Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Only Pookie understands me


 Wednesday

 

 

First day of December. Advent calendars begin. Here is the first bead from the CandieCooper Beading Advent Calendar like I did last year. 

 


 Nice start. Twenty-four to go. 


The other advent calendar I have purchased is from Randee (found objects lady) but it hasn't arrived yet due to a mix up in ordering. It is only 12 days (she closes her biz down mid-December until New Year). She does a theme each Christmas apparently. I wasn't following her then but last year was Blue Christmas -- for Elvis. This year's is Johnny Cash Christmas. 

 

She opened the first day's item on YouTube this morning so I know what it will be. Each day is a charm for the included bracelet in relation to the theme. Day one will be a black guitar pick. 


 The Christmas bundle will also include this year's Christmas mug (the back says "Have a wonderful amazing spectacular beading day!" which is what she says as her sign off every day)...

 


... a scented soy candle that she made including some stones...


 ....the twelve charms (note at the bottom of each ribbon by the opening of the bag has a large hole bead so essentially TWO things each day) ...

 


... and the bracelet to put them on. She put a LOT of work into this. I'm impressed. She's that kind of lady as well as her husband Jeff who helps out. 

Between the two calendars, this will be a fun month.

Steve's got the gun range tonight. I've GOT to work on my Found Objects. I've made three necklaces but I want to make some more things. Here's the design I did a couple weekends ago for one idea:

 


The four dark pearls are the found objects. This will be a double-strand necklace with a pretty silver chain. So I'll do that tonight and maybe some earrings. I still have to do the silver hoop and the blue seed beads. 

 

Otherwise, I guess I'll read, hang out with the baby boys, and go to bed.

 Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: