Wednesday, April 19, 2023

No longer amused ....

 Wednesday. The weather: thunderstorm yesterday. White stuff this morning.


 I sometimes have to be sneaky with my reading. I'll SAY I'm reading something then do a end run and start something else. So I was starting a romance audio but I think I'm going to stick with a mystery.

 

Currently listening to OPEN SEASON by Archer Mayor. 1st of 33 in series featuring Joe Gunther, police detective in Brattleboro, Vermont.


 Lt. Joe Gunther of the Brattleboro, Vermont police force has a serious problem: in a community where a decade could pass without a single murder, the body count is suddenly mounting. Innocent citizens are being killed―and others set-up―seemingly orchestrated by a mysterious ski-masked man. Signs suggest that a three year-old murder trial might lie at the heart of things, but it’s a case that many in the department would prefer remained closed. A man of quiet integrity, Lt. Gunther knows that he must pursue the case to its conclusion, wherever it leads.

Published 1988; 312 pages. This is technically a re-read for me but it was long ago. Audible has nearly all of this series "free" with membership so I snagged them all so might as well listen. In the past I've also gotten their "free" catalogue of Monica Ferris's needlework shop audios and M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin ones. 

On my 1000 pages challenge, I read 134 pages yesterday. Total thus far is 662. 338 to go.

Steve's got the gun range this evening. I probably need to do some dog cookie making and maybe some soup making. Reading, for sure. 

Have a good day

 

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: