Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Stoic and not expecting much

Tuesday

Reading update:


It would be nice to the finish the Penrose tonight. I borrowed the next-in-series for me in the Julie McElwain series from the library so I need to start that soon. I'll post the details on it when I start it officially. Speaking of library loans, I came across this so I also just borrowed-to-try a contemporary rom-com. EMERGENCY CONTACT by Lauren Layne and Anthony Ledonne.

Katherine, an ambitious NYC attorney, gets diagnosed with a concussion and must be monitored for 48 hours to make sure it doesn't get worse. Unfortunately, she forgot to update her emergency contact so the person they call is her ex-husband, Tom. Unable to be left alone, Katherine reluctantly agrees to travel to Chicago with Tom for the holidays. But thanks to a blizzard, what should have been a quick plane ride turns into an antagonistic overnight misadventure that stirs up old feelings even as Tom prepares to propose to his girlfriend on Christmas Eve.

Published 2023; 250 pages. Perhaps a quick palette cleanser read. 

I have sprints tonight. I'll be crocheting and listening to audiobook of the Willig re-read.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: