Monday, December 1, 2008

Beginning of the week again

I applied for another job today. I heard from Jody that her interview for the same job I'm up for is tomorrow. So I'm not really expecting to hear from them until the end of the week at the earliest. I hope this doesn't come between us.

TV-wise tonight is Chuck and Jon & Kate Plus 8. Don't have any plans otherwise.

I was going to go to the library to pick up a hold, the new Monica Ferris, but I think I may save the trip for tomorrow. It's gotten quite dark out with some incoming storm; I've already walked Tug so I may make a cup of something hot and read for a bit.

Currently reading DEATH AND THE CHAPMAN by Kate Sedley. This is the first of a series of seventeen featuring Roger the Chapman, a medieval chapman (peddler) in 15th century England. This was published in 1991. I've been meaning to read it now for a couple years, well, ever since I got bitten by the histmyst bug but I've finally now gotten into it. Here's a description from Amazon:

In 1471 Roger leaves his monastic life to become a chapman, or peddler of wares, and at once becomes involved in solving the disappearance of Clement Weaver, son of a wealthy tradesman. Six months later, Roger the Chapman is in Canterbury and hears of two other disappearances near the Crossed Hands Inn--that of Sir Richard Mallory and his servant. Are the incidents connected? Does royal politics have a hand in it?

No comments: