Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day - no hitting included

Oh, not much going on, just getting snowed in. I mean LOTS of snow overnight. Not fit for man nor beast but I guess shoppers are still going at it. You can't come between them and potential end of year sales. Crazy stupid.

A snow mobile was cruising around our neighborhood this morning. I walked Tug and it was TOUGH. Didn't do the full walk by any means. I took him to the back yard for a little romping to make up for it but he didn't seem to get it other than nipping at my coat and following whereever I ran but not taking the initiative otherwise. At the end of the walk, a kid was playing in a neighbor's yard and, in playing, fell face forward. Tug suddenly turned into a St. Bernard on the slopes and DRAGGED me 100 yards to go "save" the boy. The boy, suitable startled, was perfectly fine, he was just playing in the deep snow. It took some dragging of my own to get Tug away and home.

Steve was in a bad-ish mood today because he had to go to work. He tried, as boss, to have the shop closed today but his shop manager said they had too much work to do that. So they were open for half the day and this manager, of course, was "misinformed" per usual in his job. Oy. Steve's now sleeping on the couch with the pellet stove going.

I've decided that there's no use in really adding much to my number of books read this year since I'll be starting over in a just a few days with the new year. I might as well "kill time" with the last five days of the year with a "really big book." Really big books are hard to read each month because they take up so much time when you're trying to average 10 or so books read each month. But, I've nothing to lose between now and New Year. So I've started THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Steig Larsson. Yes, the beloved and hated Swedish sensation. I've just started it -- maybe 50 pages in to the 533 page book -- and things are just getting set up in terms of storylines. I'm not immediately turned off by it so I mean to continue. I got it from the UK shortly after Ali raved about it on 4MA, what almost a year ago. Yes, sometimes it takes me a while to get to books I order. Actually, this book went to Texas for a while with a friend from LCC so I didn't have it for a few months.

I got the last disc of MI-5 season 3 off in the mail today. I was shocked and surprised to see yesterday that Netflix had digitalized it. And they've done it to Season 4 so I won't get the discs -- I don't think I'm interested in the extra features of this next season. Happy happy. The next DVD of Veronica Mars came in today's mail so I have some viewing to do.

Speaking of, we watched Tropic Thunder last night. Robert Downey, Jr. is amazing each and every time. The movie was strange and funny. Tom Cruise could make a comeback if he kept up those self-deprecating kind of roles. I look forward to the audio commentary of the movie with Ben Stiller, Robert Downey, Jr., and Jack Black. THAT will be funny.

I have to remember to watch Say Yes to the Dress tonight at 8. I keep forgetting Friday night tv and according to tvguide.com these are two new episodes.

Oh, the volume on the tv just went up -- Steve must have awakened. I don't plan anything fancy for dinner, warm comfort food. And some reading.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: