Monday, December 15, 2008

Global warming sucks

Cold cold cold for the third day. Negative 18 this morning and negative ten when I walked Tug this afternoon. Global warming sucks, doesn't it.

Working on a 12-page paper this week so I may not be chatty for the next few days. I am SO not in the mood to write papers anymore. My thesis wiped me out for ever.

We watched the finale of Survivor last night and Steve even stayed through the reunion show afterward. Do I think Bob deserved to win? Maybe. He won a few challenges. But he only really played a strategic game by coming up with the fake idols. I think Sugar also deserved it for actually playing an out-witting type game. I do not think Susie deserved ANY of the three votes she got for the million bucks. Ah well. Another season done and I'm free on Thursday nights again from tv.

Tonight we have Chuck to watch. I'm thinking maybe soup and grilled cheese sandwiches may sound good for dinner tonight. I'll run it by Steve for his opinion.

He called to say my DVD arrived today, however, it was the wrong DVD. Back it goes to the eBay seller hopefully to get the right one (MI-5 season 2). I'm not upset about it. Mistakes happen; I suppose the seller slapped the wrong label on two packages he/she was sending out that day. And it doesn't do any good to get upset over something that you have very little control over. All one can do is send it back and do over.

Tug and I had a good walk today (even in frigid temps) but now he's staring at me like we haven't even walked at all. I wish sometimes he could just tell me what's on his mind. (Play! Walk! Cookie!)

Otherwise, going along as usual. Applied for a job yesterday and have another possible to put in for so keeping an eye out always in that direction. (sigh) This is the eighth week of unemployment. Steve so far hasn't blown a gasket to my face so that's a good thing. It's not like I'm not trying to find something else though I'm not going to work fast food or Christmas retail. A real job with rather good pay is all I'm asking for. Okay, also a good work environment, weekdays and benefits and all that jazz are a given, right?

Still reading THE HARPER'S QUINE by Pat McIntosh and started LEAVE THE GRAVE GREEN by Deborah Crombie.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: