Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That's how I feel about new books


I have found a website, www.netgallery.com, that allows people to sign up for and request advanced reading copies of some books at no cost other than to review/praise it. They come in digital form. I've got ARCs of Priscilla Royal's new one being released on August and now just got Deanna Raybourn's new one coming out in October. Woot! So that one has jumped the reading queue. I'm able to have the PDF on my Kindle so my current read (finally) is:


ROAD TO DARJEELING by Deanna Raybourn (ARC - October)

This is 4th of 4 on series featuring Lady Julia Grey, a young widow in 1880s London. Here's a description:


For Lady Julia Grey and Nicholas Brisbane, the honeymoon has ended…but the adventure is just beginning. After eight idyllic months in the Mediterranean, Lady Julia Grey and her detective husband are ready to put their investigative talents to work once more. At the urging of Julia’s eccentric family, they hurry to India to aid an old friend, the newly widowed Jane Cavendish. Living on the Cavendish tea plantation with the remnants of her husband’s family, Jane is consumed with the impending birth of her child—and with discovering the truth about her husband’s death. Was he murdered for his estate? And if he was, could Jane and her unborn child be next? Amid the lush foothills of the Himalayas, dark deeds are buried and malicious thoughts flourish. The Brisbanes uncover secrets and scandal, illicit affairs and twisted legacies. In this remote and exotic place, exploration is perilous and discovery, deadly. The danger is palpable and, if they are not careful, Julia and Nicholas will not live to celebrate their first anniversary.

I love this series (actually more for the relationship between the two main characters) and a chance to read it early is fantastic!



I had today off from work in my alternate summer schedule and tried to be productive. I set up a new bank account to handle the subscriptions for the newsletter, updated my email program, setup website/email hosting, and updated my virus protection on the office computer. I also looked into online backup, Quickbooks, and Paypal merchant services. I wish I could have done more but right now my brain is going obbity obbity obbity. I had also gone to Walmart to get a couple prescriptions for Steve and a couple other items.



This evening Steve has shooting and I may read if I don't get a second wind and work on September's issue. Last evening we had such a lovely rain storm. Solid rain for about 15-20 minutes. I like that about spring -- the rain. Summer I have to say is just not one of my favorites. :)



Tomorrow my sister and her husband are in town for her 30th high school reunion (no snarky remarks but I'm thinking them!) and we're having dinner at M&D's. 'Twil be very nice.



All right, off you go. Have a lovely and all that.



Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: