Friday, November 2, 2018

But I don't have a cat ...



Well last night was a learning experience for the first day of NaNoWriMo.



1) Listening to music helps my creative process, frees my mind, and tunes out a little of the stuff aorund me. My ambient music choices were better than my film score choices to listen to and be productive



2) Dialogue isn't a problem for me. It's getting in the other stuff, descriptions, explanations, etc.



3) This is just not my style of writing. I may have to adjust my NaNoWriMo challenge to be less about word count and more of building the habit of sitting in the chair every day, writing, focusing on layers rather than flat out "here's a scene" because my outline and points I wanted to hit flew out the window as I was rushing to hit the magic number of 1667 words. 



4) I need to figure out more crockpot meals. Of course it's only Steve and I but it worked well last night that he ate when he needed to. And -- of course it was only the first night -- but he seemed to respect what I was doing. Knock wood.


5) It was only the first day of my first real having-a-go at this challenge. It's going to be ok


I have to serve the book, not a made up challenge. This book will be published. Today is Day 2.


 The dentist went ok. They fixed it right then and there.


And I remembered why I don't like to see the dentist but for every ten years or so. The sound of the instruments.


On Sunday, I should be ok to watch NCIS Los Angeles “Asesinos”

 The NCIS team attempts to locate Mosley after she murders a cartel hitman and goes off the grid
Oh Lord, another NCISLA storyline of someone going rogue. Sigh. 

Also, it is the premiere of season 4 of Outlander. "America the Beautiful"


Claire and Jamie cross paths with Stephen Bonnet, a pirate and smuggler who enlists their help. Claire illuminates Jamie on some of America's history, leading him to wonder if it's possible for them to lay down roots.




No plans this weekend other than a haircut and writing.


Have a good weekend.



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: