Monday, May 3, 2021

Bluebird of crankiness


 Back again on a Monday.

 


 Here's how my bracelet turned out from Saturday's class.

 


 I sort of modified the pattern and luckily I started on both ends. By the time I was approaching the middle of the second side ... I was sick of rocks. It is easy while you're putting them on to fill in more spaces than you intend to so it gets rather clustered and you start to run out of pretty rocks. So I was thinking of how to leave the middle empty because the beads are actually good looking (hard to tell without movement and light in this photo). But then it was TOO empty. So I found a button to put there and I think it's worked out even better.

Next class is in a month because of Ann wanting to go to her great-grandson's baseball games. It's ok, I've got a couple projects to work on in the meantime with a ticking clock. But I think I've come across the color scheme I'd like to do.

 


 It's the double spiral bracelet we're doing so I'll have time to play a little with them to get the right balance.

 About to finish the Lowell book so I've started THE SHADOW RISING by Robert Jordan. 4th of 14th in the Wheel of Time fantasy series.

 

The seals of Shayol Ghul are weak now, and the Dark One reaches out. The Shadow is rising to cover humankind. In Tar Valon, Min sees portents of hideous doom. Will the White Tower itself be broken? In the Two Rivers, the Whitecloaks ride in pursuit of a man with golden eyes, and in pursuit of the Dragon Reborn. In Cantorin, among the Sea Folk, High Lady Suroth plans the return of the Seanchan armies to the mainland. In the Stone of Tear, the Lord Dragon considers his next move. It will be something no one expects, not the Black Ajah, not Tairen nobles, not Aes Sedai, not Egwene or Elayne or Nynaeve. Against the Shadow rising stands the Dragon Reborn...

 Published 1992; 704 pages. This is a re-read from 1992 for me so as you can imagine I've forgotten a lot. 

Tonight I hope to do some beading. I need to start Marissa's bracelet.


But it might be easier to just do dinner, watch a little Street Outlaws, and go to bed.

 


Have a good day


 Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: