Monday, September 11, 2023

Do I have to?

 Monday

 The weekend was pretty okay. I had kinda sorta thought about going into the office Saturday morning again but I was feeling a little under the weather. I thought perhaps it could have been allergies or maybe a cold trying to snag on so I didn't.

Probably the better way to go. Then I did sprints for five hours. I finished the Robb book. 4.5 stars.What I love about this series: it's a police procedural set in the future (but not too far- 2060s), the kick-ass main character, and the community of such good, recurring secondary characters.

For Spy vs Spy September I think my next read is THE MOROCCAN GIRL by Charles Cumming. Stand alone.


 Kit Carradine is the successful author of several best-selling novels. When he is approached by MI6 and asked to carry out a simple task on behalf of his country while attending a literary festival in Morocco, he jumps at the chance. But all is not as it seems. Carradine soon finds himself on the trail of Lara Bartok, a leading figure in Resurrection, a violent revolutionary movement targeting prominent right-wing political figures around the world. Caught between competing intelligence services who want Bartok dead, Carradine faces a choice: to abandon Bartok to her fate or to risk everything trying to save her.

Published 2019; 368 pages.

Next Sunday is scavenger hunt read for Killer Cozies group. The prompt is "Judge a book by it's cover". Like a cover and just read it. Well, I can't do it. I tried it. I started one of the books in the photo below yesterday and it was just too stupid to live.  But here are my options.

 Actually I started more than one in the last week and they just didn't grab me. Today I hope to pick one and stick with it. I'm kinda thinking it will be one of the top two. 

Tonight I don't have sprints to run but I do have one to tune in to. I also need to make a vat of my Egg Roll Soup for the week.

That's about it. 

Have a good day


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: