Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Oh man, it's that time already?


Tuesday

It was a rather good weekend. I got a lot of crocheting done. I'm at the halfway point. Three skeins down, three to go. 

But in actuality, I could stop at any time now if need be. The Afghan is currently at lap size. 

I did YouTube Lives all weekend. I did my usual Saturday 5-hour sprints. I did extra sprints on New Year's Eve that was seven hours in order to get East Coasters to midnight. And I did my morning show yesterday. 

We watched the most recently released episodes of Reacher on Friday. I finished ICE BLUE by Emma Jameson. I gave it a weak 3 stars. I prefer her other series. 

New year new book journal, daily planner, and Goodreads goal. 

I'm also going to go back on my food plan. I had been on pause since spring. It's time. The first couple days will be difficult again. Gotta be strong.

Currently reading AN IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSTER by Deanna Raybourn. 7th of 9 in Veronica Speedwell historical mystery series.

London, 1889. Veronica Speedwell and her natural historian beau Stoker are summoned by Sir Hugo Montgomerie, head of Special Branch. He has a personal request on behalf of his goddaughter, Euphemia Hathaway. After years of traveling the world, her eldest brother, Jonathan, heir to Hathaway Hall, was believed to have been killed in the catastrophic eruption of Krakatoa a few years before. But now a man matching Jonathan's description and carrying his possessions has arrived at Hathaway Hall with no memory of his identity or where he has been. Could this man truly be Jonathan, back from the dead? Or is he a devious impostor, determined to gain ownership over the family's most valuable possessions--a legendary parure of priceless Rajasthani jewels? It's a delicate situation, and Veronica is Sir Hugo's only hope. Veronica and Stoker agree to go to Hathaway Hall to covertly investigate the mysterious amnesiac. Veronica is soon shocked to find herself face-to-face with a ghost from her past. To help Sir Hugo discover the truth, she must open doors to her own history that she long believed to be shut for good.

Published 2022; 325 pages.

... and ... 

HOPE FOR THE BEST by Jodi Taylor. 10th of 14 in Chronicles of St Mary's series.

You can't change History. History doesn't like it. There are always consequences. Max is no stranger to taking matters into her own hands. Especially when she's had A Brilliant Idea. Yes, it will mean breaking a few rules, but - as Max always says - they're not her rules. Seconded to the Time Police to join in the hunt for the renegade Clive Ronan, Max is a long way from St Mary's. But life in the future does have its plus points - although not for long. A problem with the Time Map reveals chaos in the 16th century and the wrong Tudor queen on the throne. History has gone rogue, there's a St Mary's team right in the firing line and Max must step up. You know what they say. Hope for the best. But plan for the worst.

Published 2019; 430 pages.

I've got sprints tonight. And crocheting.

Have a good day, 

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: