Monday, August 16, 2021

Don't let Monday touch you!


Monday. 


 I received my August Found Objects items today. It's going to a HUGE challenge. 

 


 Those red beads are UGLY.

 


 And more freaking rings!

 

 

I'll have to think about this for a couple days. I'll probably end up wire wrapping the red stones which will be good practice. Over and over.

 


 I didn't do much over the weekend. I read a lot.

 Reread AURORA CV-01 by Ryk Brown. 1st of 15 in the Frontiers Saga.


A brutal enemy threatening invasion…
A young man seeking to escape the shadow of his father…
A ship manned by a crew of fresh academy graduates…
A top-secret experimental propulsion system…
A questionable alliance...
What destiny has in store for the crew of the UES Aurora, is far greater than any of them could ever imagine. And this is only the beginning…

Published 2012; 300 pages. I think I read it in 2015 and then didn't pursue the series. I'm in a more SFF mood lately so perhaps I'll do better this time. 

And I finished THE BARRISTER AND THE LETTER OF MARQUE by Todd M. Johnson. 1st of a new series, I hope.


 As a barrister in 1818 London, William Snopes has witnessed firsthand the danger of only the wealthy having their voices heard, and he's a strong advocate who defends the poorer classes against the powerful. That changes the day a struggling heiress, Lady Madeleine Jameson, arrives at his door. In a last-ditch effort to save her faltering estate, Lady Jameson invested in a merchant brig, the Padget. The ship was granted a rare privilege by the king's regent: a Letter of Marque authorizing the captain to seize the cargo of French traders operating illegally in the Indian Sea. Yet when the Padget returns to London, her crew is met by soldiers ready to take possession of their goods and arrest the captain for piracy. And the Letter--the sole proof his actions were legal--has mysteriously vanished.

 Published 2021; 407 pages. I love to discover a good new historical mystery series. This is it. I liked it a lot. Now have to wait a year if there's going to be a continuation of the series.

I binged the second season of Making the Cut on Amazon. I napped. I did laundry, etc. 

 


 

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: