Friday, November 12, 2021

Ready for the weekend


 Friday. TGIF


I don't know for sure yet, but I may be reading NAAMAH'S CURSE by Jacqueline Carey. 2nd in trilogy


 Far from the land of her birth, Moirin sets out across Tatar territory to find Bao, the proud and virile Ch'in fighter who holds the missing half of her diadh-anam, the divine soul-spark of her mother's people. After a long ordeal, she not only succeeds, but surrenders to a passion the likes of which she's never known. But the lovers' happiness is short lived, for Bao is entangled in a complication that soon leads to their betrayal. 

 Published 2010; 697 pages. The reason I might be reading it is A) I read the first book last month and B) I already hit my reading goal for the year and now is the time to TAKE the time to read a honking big book.

 


Here is the necklace I made for Candy for Christmas:

 


 I don't know if I'm perfectly happy with it yet. But I have until Christmas Eve, I guess, to work it out if need be. Honestly, I'm not a good photographer. It does look better in person.

 


 This weekend, I have a haircut in the morning and I'll probably go to the bead shop in the afternoon tomorrow because the store is only open for three more Saturdays.

 


 I should be getting my Found Object for November, I think today so I could start designing on that there perhaps. We're not doing the Found Object Challenge in December -- holidays and making gifts and so forth -- but we were able to buy more than one FOC this time around so I bought two. I'll do one in November officially and save the second one for an unofficial FOC in December.

 


 I'm only going to open one of the two I'm going to receive today.

 


 Otherwise more of the same for the weekend happenings. Nothing much.

 


Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: