Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Ah man! Gotta go back to work!


 Tuesday.


 Steve's got a board meeting tonight so no need to make dinner for him.

 


 I worked a little on my September bullet journal this weekend. Not really a lot and definitely not as much as I needed to. But this is what I worked on Saturday at the coffee shop.

 Inside front cover:



 September week 1 spread:



 September daily page:

 


 September week 2 spread:



 Mostly this weekend, I read and I napped. Took care of the doggos. I'm at the 32% mark of the Galbraith book. Does that make it about page 407 of 1274 pages? I guess that's not so bad, eh?

 


 I'm liking it mostly .... and I love the main characters always.

 


But something about it ... maybe the other characters are distasteful? ... makes you feel kind of .... icky. 

 

I dunno. I would read it for a bit and then need to take a little break in between. So I'm also started reading a really good fantasy recommended on Facebook. 

HIGH BARRENS by Alice Sabo. 1st of 5 in series called Tales of Haroon.


Flint thought that growing up in the dangerous frontier town of Far Enough, with six older brothers, would prepare her for anything...until she met the monster. She had worked hard for a chance to study at the School for Wizards and Weirdlings, but things went sideways when powerful magic turned her world inside out. Seeing a cruel injustice, Flint takes a stand to protect the life of a dangerous creature. The carefully planned journey she started out on takes an exciting and unexpected detour of monsters and forbidden magic showing her a very different future than she had imagined.

Published 2018; 337 pages. This character reminds me of Elizabeth Moon's Paksenarrion. I miss Paks. And OF COURSE I find a really really good book in the late afternoon of the third day of a three-day weekend. Of Course.


We also watched Top Gun: Maverick movie. From home. Steve really wanted to see it in the theatre but it didn't work out. It was good. The cinematography was amazing. 



Have a good day

 


 Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: