Thursday, December 15, 2022

Goals


 Thursday


Steve's gun range thing last night was canceled so that was good. He had some Portuguese Sausage soup from Soup and Such and was very very happy with it. I read.

 


 Nothing on TV tonight. There really isn't TV on any night. Reading-wise, I'm prepping for the weekend. I've got two "challenges" that I'm participating in via YouTube book vloggers. The first is a readathon starting tomorrow, I've mentioned before. I'll be starting:

LEGENDS AND LATTES by Travis Baldree. Debut SFF.


After a lifetime of bounties and bloodshed, Viv is hanging up her sword for the last time. The battle-weary orc aims to start fresh, opening the first ever coffee shop in the city of Thune. But old and new rivals stand in the way of success — not to mention the fact that no one has the faintest idea what coffee actually is. If Viv wants to put the blade behind her and make her plans a reality, she won't be able to go it alone. But the true rewards of the uncharted path are the travelers you meet along the way. And whether drawn together by ancient magic, flaky pastry, or a freshly brewed cup, they may become partners, family, and something deeper than she ever could have dreamed.

Published 2022; 296 pages. This satisfies Sarah's prompt of something you've been meaning read published in 2022. 

And then, she is part of a group of YouTube book vloggers who sometimes have a "book scavenger hunt" during their reading sprints. This weekend, this time around, the book you read needs to have something to do with "weather" on the cover. It can be a romance with snow out the window; it could be a thriller set in a hurricane, it can have a picture of air outside....

 


It doesn't have to be started and finished within a set time period, you just be reading it during their streaming "sprints" which is everyone reading for about 30-45 minutes at a time, while they also read live, and in between we all chat, and then we read again while the timer clicks down the set time again. I've decided to participate, after much perusing of options, to be a little humorous and ironic and start either one of these two books:

 


A cozy mystery. Or:


 A fantasy-ish mystery.

 


 This evening I need to clean out underneath the sink because apparently a friend is going to install the dishwasher tomorrow (like I figured would ultimately happen). Glad to get it done. Glad I won't be there. Hate to have someone in the house seeing how horribly bad it is but I won't really be there to know. Ryker will be okay with him there; Wes has been there before. Otherwise, I'll be reading tonight probably. Prep my meal for tomorrow (probably taco salad again since I have left over vinaigrette). Tomorrow night I'll make the Chex Mix-seasoned or Ranch-seasoned nuts for the Christmas party on Saturday.


Have a good day

 

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: