Friday, December 23, 2022

Merry Christmas Eve Eve


 TGIF. (and no, I can't have cookies either).

 


No plans for the long weekend other than relaxing and reading. No bead group tomorrow so I don't have to go anywhere. I've got all the food supplies needed so I don't have to go anywhere even though it's going to warming up dramatically starting tomorrow.  Not. Going. Anywhere.

 


 It's a three-day weekend for us with Christmas falling on a Sunday so we're closed Monday. We'll pay for it on Tuesday but it will be nice to have it just the same.

 


 We'll be binge-ing season three of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. I figure two episodes starting tonight we'll have it done by Monday night. I'll also have episode three of The Chosen on Sunday to watch. Otherwise, I hope read quite a lot. 


 Today at work I'm listening to the audio of THE HANOVER SQUARE AFFAIR by Ashley Gardner. 1st of 16 in series featuring Captain Gabriel Lacey, a former cavalry officer in Regency-era London, England.

 

Cavalry captain Gabriel Lacey returns to Regency London from the Napoleonic wars, burned out, fighting melancholia, his career ended. His interest is piqued when he learns of a missing girl, possibly kidnapped by a prominent member of Parliament. Lacey's search for the girl leads to the discovery of murder, corruption, and dealings with a leader of the underworld. Lacey faces his own disorientation upon transitioning from a soldier's life to the civilian world, redefining his role with his former commanding officer, and making new friends--from the top of society to the street girls of Covent Garden.

Published 2003; 262 pages or 7 hours 36 minutes in audiobook. I never did get around to this series even though I love the time period.   



Another thing I'm looking forward to this weekend is that book YouTubers I follow are going to be doing some reading sprints so that will be nice concentrated reading time. 

I stopped by Barnes and Noble yesterday, after picking up Steve's gift, to purchase some fantasy-series paper books that I plan to read in 2023. I suppose I could start one of them this weekend if I wanted to because, being fantasy, they're epic and they're BIG reads so I won't be finishing any of them quickly.

 


 So I'll just be hanging out with Ryker, we'll be napping, and I will have my beloved beef Thai salad. Steve will have turkey on Christmas. That's about it.

 


 Have a good weekend


 Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: