Friday, February 23, 2024

Is it really?


TGIF

I'm really enjoying THE PRINCES IN THE TOWER book. What a mess the War of the Roses/Cousin's War was. Also really enjoying the Malliet book, WICKED AUTUMN. Very descriptive, slow build, and slightly British snarky. 

1000 Pages Read Challenge update:


02/19: 142

02/20: 67

02/21: 92

02/22: 117

02/23:

02/24:

02/25:

TOTAL: 418/1000  

I have enough crochet projects either started or planned to start to last me through this year and perhaps through the next. Example: I have some yarn that is size 6 (Super Bulky) that I'd really like to use because I love the colors. But I was having problems finding a pattern to follow. Last night, I came upon this on YouTube that I think I will give a try:


And this is the yarn:


From the same creator, another one I'm going to start is learning different Aran/cable stitches in each section: 


Using this yarn:


I believe my first draw to trying crochet decades ago was because I love the Irish afghan patterns. 

For those keeping track -- because I lose track too -- including the above:

Steve's Red


Steve's Blue


October wedding: This pattern in cream and black.


March 2025 wedding: This pattern in cream, orange and blue.


Genre Blanket


And I have yarn for golden/cream combo in this pattern...


... sage/white combo, a pretty persimmon color, golden wheat, and ohmygod lots of other yarn I've collected over the past year. And I want to learn Tunisian crochet, do the herringbone stitch so it looks good, so many of another YouTube person, and try this mosaic pattern I found last night which looks amazing but the YouTube walk through is really not that difficult:


So all I need is time to do all this and read all the books and not go broke.

Sprints tomorrow afternoon. Haircut tomorrow morning. Crocheting (no kidding), reading, napping.

Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: