Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Stages of a day


Tuesday

Yesterday I read ANYONE BUT YOU by Jennifer Crusie. Stand alone. 

For Nina Askew, turning forty means freedom--from the ex-husband, freedom from their stuffy suburban home, freedom to focus on what she wants for a change. And what she wants is something her ex always vetoed--a puppy. A bouncy, adorable puppy. Instead she gets...Fred. Overweight, middle-aged, a bit smelly and obviously depressed, Fred is light-years from perky. But he does manage to put Nina in the path of Alex Moore, her gorgeous, younger-by-a-decade neighbor. Alex seems perfect--he's a sexy, seemingly sane, surprisingly single E.R. doctor--but the age gap convinces Nina that anyone but Alex would be better relationship material. But with every silver-haired stiff she dates, the more she suspects it's the young, dog-loving doc she wants to sit and stay!

Published 1996; 142 pages. Gave it 4 stars. For Retro Romance Readathon. Library loan.

February's 1000 Pages Read Challenge is this week:

02/19: 142

02/20:

02/21:

02/22:

02/23:

02/24:

02/25:

TOTAL: 142/1000  

And here's the 2024 reading update in general:


I've decided to change my genre blanket. I just wasn't liking it and it's still early-ish in the year. This is going to be the pattern:


And these are my colors. I like gray and yellow together. 


I had to order them from online so I probably won't get the yarn until next week. 

In the meantime, tonight I have sprints. I may read or I may crochet. Either way, bedtime happens after that because I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. 

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: