Saturday, March 14, 2009

We are our own Superheroes

Today's Blog/Website is a bit a fun ... make yourself a comic book superhero at http://cpbintegrated.com/theherofactory/. Here's mine:



Actually, this is what I wore to work everyday ... notice the tie? It's Saturday, have fun!

I'm about a quarter into BLEEDING HEART SQUARE by Andrew Taylor. The opening pages pulled me in strongly but on the downside of this book are the abrupt changes in character POV and I do mean abrupt and not knowing who you're reading about for a while. I'm hoping the pace will pick up a little, too. I'm kinda longing for one of my medieval histmysts right now.

Steve had NRA teaching certification class today and will again tomorrow. Long days with no break for him. Tonight he's going to a monthly computer gaming get-together but won't be out as late as last time because of the continuing class. He's going to be one tired, cranky boy come Monday.

He actually watched Say Yes to the Dress last night with me -- the wedding dress show on The Learning Channel. He was amazed as I was at how awful these brides-to-be's friends/family were treating the main girls. One bride's sisters were saying things like "A plain dress because she's so plain." "Are you going to lose five pounds?" One mother kept breaking a girl's heart by just shredding each dress she tried on and saying things like, "Well, it's not something I would wear." Well, it's NOT FOR YOU. This stuff really happens and it is just stupid at how much people spend on weddings. The most expensive dress last night was for a spoiled rotten little girl at $27,000. FOR A DRESS WORN ONCE. You wonder why I watch this show? For stuff like that.

Nothing on tv tonight for me so I'll read. My cold thing is not going away so I'm drowning it tonight and because I'm feeling tired, I'm definitely not going to stay up waiting for Steve. I spoke to JodyO yesterday -- she's been out most of last week with a nasty cold so her last day at the museum has been pushed back a week. There's crud going around. Duck!

It got up to nearly 60 today. Poor Tug was warm. He sat/laid on one of the last piles of snow again at mid-walk point and didn't move for ten minutes.

Sometimes when you're not feeling well you turn to comfort activities. For me, it used to be coloring books or re-reading LITTLE WOMEN. Now, I'm sort of in the mood to pop in the DVD of Gosford Park or Persuasion. That might make a lovely evening. Popcorn, hot sweet tea, and a DVD. Hmmmm. Bailey's Irish Creme also sounds really good but I don't have any -- it's almost St. Patrick's Day you know! It's cold medicine! Ohnevermind. :)

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: