Monday, December 23, 2019

Ah, man, do we HAVE to back to work?


Monday. I had a pretty good weekend. The party at the bead shop was nice; it was good to see friends. My cold is still with me. It doesn't seem to be getting worse-worse, just a bad cough but I'm blasted tired because I can't sleep at night because my breathing rattles.


I'm just about done with the Christmas bracelets. I just have to finish off the receptionists' gift for her sister-in-law after her approval of the design this morning.


I think the next one I'm going to do is going back to a pattern for a quick bracelet. Like this:


I've done even-count peyote stitch. This is odd-count peyote stitch which has a different end-of-row doohickey. I like the incorporation of the different shaped beads in this.


I finally finished the book I was reading. I'm now doing a re-read of THE OUTLAW'S TALE by Margaret Frazer. 3rd of 17 in series featuring. Dame Frevisse, a medieval nun in Oxfordshire, England:



Leaving the safety of her nunnery walls behind, Dame Frevisse is drawn into an unholy web of treachery and deceit. Waylaid on the King's Highway by a band of outlaws, Frevisse is shocked to discover that their leader is her long-lost cousin Nicholas. When he pleads with her to help him obtain a pardon for his crimes, she finds herself trapped between the harsh edicts of the law and the mercy of her vows. But even as she struggles to restore his fortunes, Frevisse must fight to save his soul... and his life. Before the outlaw's tale can be told, the saintly nun will find herself trapped in a manor house of murder, caught between the holy passions of the heart and the sinful greeds of man.
Published in 1994; 217 pages. I just wanted something simple and a sure thing.

Nothing on TV tonight. But mostly ...



Have a good day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: