Tuesday, January 10, 2023

No one can see me

Tuesday. Nothing really to report today.


I didn't read as much as I wanted to last night but I'm at 53% in the Sullivan epic fantasy.


A book person I watch on YouTube does a weekly TBR. One of her five reads for the week she chooses is what she calls "throwback reads"  - books she read growing up which for her means Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High in the 90s, etc. Those books were past my juvenile reading time. She's also a huge category romance reader -- Harlequin, etc. I got to thinking about those two things.


They didn't really consider kids as a target book market per se when I was a kid so I didn't have monthly book series like that. I read a lot as a kid but we didn't have those series. Long story short, I came up with a hybrid of her idea -- I used to enjoy reading the Loveswept category line in the 80s -- and that is when a lot of well-known, well-established authors actually got their start. SO I decided I would read some of those at least once a month, maybe twice. Retro-reading.



And I'm going to read them in published order, i.e., one through whatever as I can get them. These above are books 2 and 3 that I ordered via Amazon and should be here next week. And I believe Loveswept ultimately published 927 books before the line when defunct.


No, I won't read them all. I'm just going to enjoy while I will read them - no obligations, remember? Should be nice palette cleansers between the big epic fantasy reads.


Otherwise tonight, I should watch Curse of Oak Island but I'm several episodes behind now. I should watch Randee do her live stream of the new found objects this evening but I probably won't because I don't want to participate/buy anything. So I'm hoping to make good progress in the Sullivan book.


Have a good day


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: