Friday, January 13, 2023

THIS is what you have to do this weekend


Friday.  TGIF


I finished the Sullivan book last night. SO good. Why had I not read this before now? I love the two lead characters and that they are partners like Butch and Sundance Kid. 

 


We don't see that very often in stories. I loved the court intrigue. Supporting characters have personality and I wouldn't mind side stories of just them.

 

That is the second of my twenty-three in 2023 that I listed. I'm on track and I'm batting 1000% on enjoyment.


 What is next to read? I should read EAT PRAY DIE by Chelsea Field as my reading sprint tomorrow on YouTube. It's featuring a scavenger hunt book which is an "unusual job". I started it as an audio a month or so ago and I thought it would fit the prompt rather appropriately.

 


Being an undercover poison taster for the rich and famous might sound glamorous, but for Isobel Avery it means stomaching bad clients and even worse coffee. The one side of the job that lives up to expectations is the money. Which is just as well for Izzy, since she needs an awful lot of it. Who knew when she made a lifelong commitment to a man that it would be one year living with him and the rest of her life paying for it? But even her scoundrel ex-husband doesn’t look so bad compared to her new client. He’s competent, condescending, and annoyingly attractive, and Izzy doesn’t know whether to sleep with him or poison him herself. Throw in a loan-shark, a nosy neighbor, and a murder attempt, and Izzy will have her work cut out for her.

First of six in series. Published 2016; 344 pages.

I'm hoping my category romances show up so I could read one of those as a palette cleanser/quick one. And I need to choose something to listen to this afternoon while working on stuff. 


 As mentioned previously, Steve's got a gun tournament tomorrow. I'll go to bead group at the coffee shop to work on my reading journal in the afternoon. Oh, speaking of which, I did the pictures last night. Here's my reading journal spread for my first read of the year:

 


 If all goes well, I'll do that for every book I read this year. Wish me luck.

Have a good weekend

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: