Friday, January 20, 2023

Y'know what? It's Friday!


 TGIF

 


So.  Reading. After 91 pages (of 1252), I DNF's the Sanderson book. I was hating it. It was threatening to cause a book slump. 

 


 And my motto of this year is "no obligations." My list of 23 in 2023 will not be an obligation. I don't HAVE to read any of the books there. I've been lucky for the most part. The first two books I read from the list, I absolutely loved. The Lagercrantz book still has potential for later. But I'm not going to force myself to read a book I'm not enjoying for some self-imposed thing.

 


 I then desperately searched for a book to read to hold off a slump. It had to be a sure thing.

 


 Currently reading RIVER FLOWING by Alice Sabo. 4th of 5 in The Tales of Haroon fantasy series.


When the god of healing gave River the Gift, she didn't realize that the direction of her life would be at his whim for all the rest of her days. Living and learning in the temple of Bhanur was all that River had known for most of her young life. She dreamed of becoming a Hand, healing everyone who came to the temple, but soon discovered it wasn't going to be that simple. A great upheaval scattered Hands and pupils all over the face of Haroon. River had to contend with lethal accidents, powerful mages and truculent tutors in her journey to understanding the hidden dangers in the magic. When a major catastrophe tests them brutally, she struggles to stay within her own limits as crowds of victims descend upon the temple. Her Gift can heal those who need it, but her own life lies in the hands of the god.

Published 2021; 201 pages. And it's a short read. I'm already at 50%. And I'm still reading the Renee Patrick cozy for the scavenger hunt reading sprint tomorrow.

I've got the coffee shop tomorrow afternoon. I'll work on my book journal while there because I'm behind in my book entries. 


And then for the rest of the weekend I'll do the other usual stuff. Read...


 .... maybe some cleaning, and definitely napping. 


Have a good weekend

 

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: