Friday, June 16, 2023

TGIF


 Friday

 I finished FOURTH WING by Rebecca Yarros last night. I give it 3 out 5 stars. Easiest thumbnail : imagine Dani in TV version of Game of Thrones going to Divergent camp and having Hunger Games love triangle before coming into her power. Moving on.

Steve has a family memorial service out of town today. I probably won't see him until late. My Friday night reading sprints were cancelled. I played with the afghan project last night and I've come to the conclusion that the yarn is what I'm having an issue with. I tried the same time of yarn in a light weight but I'm considering that it's a yarn QUALITY issue. The yarn provided in acrylic for ease-of-use for beginners and cost reasons. I'm going to pick up some 100% wool yarn to try. It has the same beginner-friendly stretch to it but I'm hoping it will be more ... defining (?) with the stitches. I'm not too far into the project that starting over is okay. And I want to do this RIGHT rather than rush through just to get it done. 

So that is probably what I'll be doing tonight. Keo isn't feeling well today. I kinda wish I wouldn't go to the coffee shop tomorrow but I should and with Steve having a gun tournament tomorrow he has to come with me. 


I nearly forgot Sunday is starting a new 1000 Pages Read Challenge. Not sure yet what to read but a) planning ahead hasn't really worked out for my mood reading but b) obviously with reading this approximately 663 page book in five days, if I focus on it, I can read 1000 in eight days. However, I am in the middle of several books and should just concentrate on those. And I also have a few books out from the library and I should concentrate on those. I need a break from romance but I also have a lot of those via Harlequin. And I have a new release on Tuesday. 

Just getting through the day as painlessly as possible 


 Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: