Tuesday, June 6, 2023

You can't find me

 Tuesday

 I'll be finishing the Andrea Penrose book today. I need to finish the Catskills histmyst. Listening to the Jim Butcher book in the car or sometimes at work. But this is interesting - I never get approved for advanced reading digital copies on Netgalley but I did for this one:

 

Cornwall, 1730: A young girl known only as Red travels with her father making a living predicting fortunes using the ancient Cornish method of the Square of Sevens. Shortly before he dies, her father entrusts Red’s care to a gentleman scholar, along with a document containing the secret of the Square of Sevens technique. Raised as a lady amidst the Georgian splendor of Bath, Red’s fortune-telling delights in high society. But she cannot ignore the questions that gnaw at her soul: who was her mother? How did she die? And who are the mysterious enemies her father was always terrified would find him? The pursuit of these mysteries takes her from Cornwall and Bath to London and Devon, from the rough ribaldry of the Bartholomew Fair to the grand houses of two of the most powerful families in England. And while Red’s quest brings her the possibility of great reward, it also leads to grave danger.

 It will be published in September. 528 pages. I love the time period and of course the topic is interesting to me so this should go on my "near-er" TBR rather than a "far-er" TBR.

Keo had a check up vet visit today for his thyroid med and he has an eye infection. He's up to 100 pounds, his hair is coming in good, and his skin is almost all better. His thyroid initially was low which was why he was put on the medication, then up to low-normal, and now he is high-normal which is good. They tested his eye for a possible ulcer which came back negative so just conjunctivitis and they gave me antibiotic/steroid drops. 

Steve's got a board meeting tonight. I'm going to walk Keo, feed him, have some soup, catch up on some BookTube maybe, and read probably. I don't think I'll start the crochet block this evening.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: