Monday, June 26, 2023

Mood


 Monday. Receptionist called in sick.

I had a "meh" weekend. I was at the coffee shop, I had brought Keo because he was being wimpery, I had given a heads up to my friends, yet Jim came with Toby. Jim, who hasn't been at a Saturday for months. I wasn't feeling that well anyway, so I left. This was probably the best idea because I had that bug that's going around and rest and chicken egg roll soup was the best thing for me. Mine was only 24-hours; I felt better yesterday and completely well today. 

In the YouTube world of book people, a mid-year summary is going around. I'll play in my fashion. Note, I won't have duplicates.

Top Five Series of 2023:





 This book made me the happiest. It also "surprised" me because I didn't know it was being released.

 This book "surprised" me because I also didn't know it was being released and I think the cover is visually pretty.

 Most beautiful cover and one I still mean to read that was released this year.

 Biggest disappointments:



 Series that surprised me, as in I didn't have expectations yet my enjoyment was astronomical:


Most anticipated new release in the second half of the year:

I had forgotten until yesterday afternoon that Disney+ has the multi-episode Beatles documentary I had wanted to watch. So I started that. It's going to take a while to view because it's hard to watch sometimes. So young, so much angst. I've always been a Paul McCartney fan and I never really saw the appeal of Lennon though I've always appreciated his immense talent. I saw his charisma in this. I may have to renew for another month to watch the whole thing. 


I have reading sprints this evening after walking/feeding Keo. Steve's having left over something.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: