Friday, September 22, 2017

Where. have. you. been?


Sorry, didn't mean to miss two days in a row.


Wednesday - cleaned the upstairs living room because a new couch is coming in tomorrow.
Thursday -- really not feeling well so I slept.


So now it's suddenly Friday.Whoosh.


Steve has a fundraiser, Ales for Trails, to go to tonight for which he's one of the sponsors. I'm not.


It frees up another ticket that Steve can give to friends/customers. And while I'm feeling better, I'm not 100%. And I don't like leaving the boys alone; I'm gone on Wednesdays and Sundays.

So today I'll work on cleaning the downstairs area for the new couch there. And tonight I'll watch the second episode of Outlander season 3 that was on last Sunday. "Surrender":

Hiding in a cave, Jamie leads a lonely life until Lallybroch is threatened by redcoats pursing the elusive Jacobite traitor. In Boston, Claire and Frank struggle to coexist in a marriage haunted by the ghost of Jamie.
The new Fall season starts on Monday.


I'll go into detail then.

In the past when I haven't felt well, I've felt like coloring. :)  Yesterday, I felt like reading a cozy mystery. So I started DEATH BY DARJEELING by Laura Childs. 1st of 18 in series featuring Theodosia Browning, owner of the Indigo Teahouse in Charleston, South Carolina.


Ordinarily, Charleston's Indigo Tea Shop is an oasis of calm. But when tea shop owner, Theodosia Browning, caters the annual Lamplighter Tour of historic homes, one of the patrons turns up dead. Never mind that it's Hughes Barron, a slightly scurrilous real estate developer. Theodosia's reputation is suddenly on the line. Aided by her friends and fellow tea shop entrepreneurs, Theo sets about to unravel the mystery of the deadly Darjeeling and encounters a number of likely suspects. Tanner Joseph, the fiery environmentalist, held a grudge against the developer for his misuse of land. Timothy Neville, the octogenarian major domo for the Heritage Society, opposed Hughes Barron's election to the board. And Barron's unsavory partner might very well profit from a cleverly written buy-sell agreement.

Published in 2001; 256 pages. I will probably finish it, but the writing, or rather the book's structure, wasn't up to standard. Just my reading taste.

It's dark and rainy today. Lovely.



Have a good weekend



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: