Monday, September 30, 2019

What happened to the weekend?


Monday. Bah humbug.

This weekend I didn't do much other than nap and read. I read THE PASSENGERS which I mentioned in an earlier post. It was very good. Excellent commentary on our social media culture, driver-less vehicles, and government misuse of data mining. Also an entertaining read.



Just starting THE WISE MAN'S FEAR by Patrick Rothfuss. 2nd of the Kingkiller Chronicle trilogy.

Kvothe searches for answers, attempting to uncover the truth about the mysterious Amyr, the Chandrian, and the death of his parents. Along the way, Kvothe is put on trial by the legendary Adem mercenaries, forced to reclaim the honor of his family, and travels into the Fae realm. There he meets Felurian, the faerie woman no man can resist, and who no man has ever survived...until Kvothe. Now, Kvothe takes his first steps on the path of the hero and learns how difficult life can be when a man becomes a legend in his own time.
Published 2011; 1007 pages. Yeah, another thousand pager.

Nothing really on TV tonight. We have a Steelers game. I don't care one way or the other if I tune into Prodigal Son.



Since it's a bit chilly out, I'm making Portuguese Sausage soup for Steve. I may make some dumplings for the chicken soup I have from last week for myself.


That's about it. See ya tomorrow.



Have a good day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: