Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Here we are again


 Wednesday. Receptionist is back so that's good. Otherwise, it's another work day.

 


Last night I had the live stream of the monthly ticket drawing for freebie beads from Randee/Thunderhorses to watch. I didn't win anything.  

 

For fun, part of the goings on is that everyone brings their own cake or whatever to eat. Randee had lemon cake last night. Of course, I don't eat cake but EVERYONE was sharing what they were eating. So to live vicariously through others and to kill time as I was busy not winning anything, I looked on Amazon for a cozy mystery about cake/desserts. So I started to read:

SPRINKLE WITH MURDER by Jenn McKinlay. 1st of 14 in series featuring Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura, operators of Fairy Tale Cupcakes, in Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona


Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. But their first big client is a nightmare. She's a bridezilla who wants 500 custom cupcakes for her wedding. When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead-by-cupcake, she becomes the prime suspect. To save themselves and their business, the ladies need to find the real murderer, before the cupcake killer ices someone else.

Published 2010; 240 pages. I'm almost halfway through. They go quickly.

I got one more cake cozy-type mystery because I couldn't decide between the two last night but I'll share that one later.

Steve's got the gun range tonight. I'll take care of Ryker and read. 

 


Have a good day


 Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: