Thursday, November 13, 2014

It may take all weekend ...



Gack! I thought I did the post yesterday. Sorry.

I'm also reading ILLEGAL ACTION by Stella Rimington. This is 3rd of 8 in series featuring Liz Carlyle, an agent in MI-5 Joint Counter-Terrorist Group, in London. Here's a description:
Liz Carlyle has been transferred to Counter-Espionage, along with her research sidekick Peggy Kingsolving. Once the hub of MI5 operations, the department has been reduced in size since the end of the Cold War, and priority within the service is on counter-terrorism. Yet there is plenty for Liz to do. In fact, there are more spies operating in London today than during the height of East-West hostilities. This includes Russian spies, who continue to operate in number. What has changed is their targets — now they spy on the international financial community, as well as on the wealthy, influential Russian “oligarchs,” many of whom live in London. Liz learns of a Russian government plot to silence one of these oligarchs, Nikita Brunovsky, who is an increasingly vocal opponent of Putin. How he is to be kept quiet is unclear, but since the Foreign Office dreads any kind of incident, Liz is assigned to keep it from happening. To protect Brunovsky from his Kremlin foes, Liz goes undercover and joins the oligarch’s retinue as she tries to determine who around the Russian might be willing to betray him, and hoping at the same time to learn the identity of a certain Russian “illegal” operative working undercover.

Published in 2007, it has 464 pages. This is a digital loan from the library.

I've got several books out from the library - not 14-day ones -- that I haven't even gotten to yet. I'm hoping after I finish the Patricia Wynn, I'll work on that stack. It's a good thing I don't have any new releases I'm waiting for now for the rest of the year. Phew!

Nothing on TV tonight, it appears, so I hope I will get some more reading done.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 




No comments: