Monday, April 9, 2018

Mondays


After snowy days we have gorgeous weather for the next handful. Just enough to tease us that it's Spring but the weekend promises more snow.


Tonight on Scorpion "Kenny and the Jet":

Paige's maternal side goes into high gear when Team Scorpion must save an unconscious, hypothermic boy stuck in the wheel well of their airborne airplane. Also, Walter's white lie to Paige starts to take a toll on him, and Paige realizes something's up
But I'll watch it later. I'm not staying up.


I meant to read more than I did this weekend. However, because I had to keep the boys quiet on Saturday morning while the tile guys finished in the kitchen, I wound up watching X Files reruns and Food Network.


I started to watch a new miniseries on Starz, Howards End, based on the novel by E.M. Forster.


"First published in 1910, “Howards End” is E. M. Forster’s classic story regarding social conventions of different strata of English society at the end of the 19th century. The story centers around three families: the Wilcoxes, a wealthy family who made their fortune in the American colonies; the Schlegels, three siblings, Margaret, Helen, and Tibby, who represent the intellectual bourgeoisie; and the Basts, a young struggling couple from a lower class background. The Schlegels are lively socialites whose spirited and active lifestyles bring them by chance into contact with the Wilcoxes and the Basts. Through the entanglement between these three families, Forster masterfully depicts the struggle between the upper and lower classes."

I know I read this years ago because I like this author but for the life of me I can't remember much about it. This production is gorgeous and has great actors.

Have a good day


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: