Thursday, June 3, 2021

Keeping a low profile, getting through the week


 Thursday.

  Not much to report today. I've decided to take a break from the big project I was working on. I'd hit a spot that wasn't working out and so I thought that I'd better pause or else I'd set it on fire or something.

 


 So I'm kinda thinking I'd like to read tonight. I'm THIS CLOSE to finishing the 1000+ page fantasy book I was reading ... really re-reading but that was almost 30 years ago. But I had three new releases this week that I'd like to get going on.

 




 Plus the Andrew Weir I started but haven't progressed in. 

Nothing on TV tonight other than watching some hockey during dinner. On the plus side, a show I really liked about 15 years ago and hasn't been available to purchase or stream ANYWHERE because of legal issues ... is now available on HBOMax. Cold Case. So I signed up for it for a month or two while I re-watch those episodes.  You know how I love cold case stories.



Lilly Rush is a Philadelphia police detective working for the department's homicide squad and being assigned "cold cases": crimes that were committed many years before and have not been solved. Lilly visits the crime scenes and interviews other people involved with the victims to find a link to solving the cases.

 They use flashback scenes and music from the period which is amazing. I've watched four episodes so far. Nice.

Have a good day

 


 Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

1 comment:

John s said...

Glad i turned you on to it pk