Tuesday, December 30, 2014

No, really, this is soooo fascinating. Never mind I'm a captive audience.



For my online mystery reading group, 4MA, every year we post our Top Ten reads for 2014. The top ten list I have here is limited to only the crime fiction. The top of the top is the Sansom book. Just beyond wonderful. The others are in no particular order; I enjoyed them all immensely.

LAMENTATION by CJ Sansom
WHY KINGS CONFESS by CS Harris
THE LONG WAY HOME by Louise Penny
THEFT OF LIFE by Imogen Robertson
THE OUTCAST DEAD by Elly Griffiths
THE BRAQUE CONNECTION by Estelle Ryan
A GRAVE MATTER by Anna Lee Huber
A FATAL ENQUIRY by Will Thomas
FESTIVE IN DEATH by JD Robb
THE PARIS AFFAIR by Teresa Grant

The end of the year is also the time to make resolutions. Yeah, yeah, healthy, blah blah blah, save money, yadda yadda yadda... Resolutions I can keep, usually, are reading resolutions. For the past couple years I've resolved to read one nonfiction book a month. I didn't quite do that in 2014. However, there were many nonfiction books started and not finished which I don't calculate into the equation; only finished books count. So I COULD have, I just chose not to. I think I'll give this one a rest though I will still be reading some nonfiction because I like to. No, this year, I'm thinking of something else.

I've read the first two books in Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond series. I've not read the other four. Nor have I read her Niccolo series. I have them. They're big books with dense language which I like but I'm usually lured away by a new release. So. Resolution number one: Read one Dorothy Dunnett book a month. Or should I make that every two months because they're bigger books? I'll have to think on that.

Second reading resolution. I was shocked and flabbergasted when I put together my top ten list that there were some authors I really enjoy that I haven't read in months. Months!  AND I HAVE THE BOOKS. These are ones that are next-in-series for me.


And this photo is some but not all but I have to make a dent somehow. So, Resolution number two, read one book from the TBR pile a month.

And that is it. Can't overdo these things.

Cold cold again today. A high of 6 expected.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: