Monday, October 23, 2017

I read a book this weekend!


I read ONE OF US IS LYING by Karen M McManus. Stand alone, YA.

On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
    Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
    Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
    Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
    Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
    And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.

Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention, Simon is dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose? Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.
Published in 2017; 370 pages. This is her debut novel. And it's good. I devoured it in one day.

Tonight I have Scorpion, but I may not stay up to watch it. "Sci Hard":

Team Scorpion is taken hostage by a group attempting a virtual heist at a tech convention and must outwit their captors utilizing the cutting edge technology on display.



 Last night's TV (which I'm very grateful to have had the chance to view, don't get me wrong). NCIS: Los Angeles was all right. Good Densi tactical. I'm actually getting rather tired of The Walking Dead. Outlander was verra verra good.




Working a full day. I really need to start focusing on my book. NaNoWriMo starts on the first. "National Novel Writing Month, is an annual, Internet-based creative writing project that takes place during the month of November. Participants attempt to write a 50,000 word manuscript between November 1 and November 30."


Well, at least I'm going to try to work on it in some way every day. Build up the good habit of butt in chair and writing.


Have a great day (even though it's Monday). Here, have a couple Deeks.



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: