Monday, February 15, 2021

There went the weekend ...


Monday. Still cold. Still Monday.

 


 Bead class on Saturday was good. I had to adjusted my color scheme on the fly that day --- something I hate to do because I'm such a bead diva that it has to be right for me or it just isn't right and I plan for hours what goes together -- anyhoo,  because the "bridge" bead in different colors that is a part of this bracelet project was ordered by the store but the truck was delayed by weather. So we all had to wing it with the five limited colors she had on hand. I had been going to be doing a copper and purple bracelet. I wound up doing this:


And I think it probably turned out even better this way. It's a little sparklier in person. After seeing my bracelet, two of the ladies bought the same beads so they could do it my way, too.

 

Next class is this Saturday instead of the week after because Barb is going to be out of town then. This is the bracelet we're doing:

 


I'm not sure what colors I'm going to use. It's only 11/0 seed beads and bicones. I have a pomegranate scheme in mind because I don't usually use red a lot or I have a sparkly black seed bead that I've been wanting to use. Or I may change my mind ten times by then.


Currently reading A STRANGER IN TOWN by Kelley Armstrong. 6th of 6 in series featuring Casey Duncan, a homicide detective with a secret, living off the grid in the wilds of northern Canada.


 Detective Casey Duncan has noticed fewer and fewer residents coming in to the hidden town of Rockton, and no extensions being granted. Her boyfriend, Sheriff Eric Dalton, presumes it’s the natural flux of things, but Casey’s not so sure. It seems like something bigger is happening in the small town they call home. When an injured hiker stumbles from the woods, someone who seems to have come to the Yukon for a wilderness vacation but instead is now fighting for her life, it’s all hands on deck. What – or who – attacked this woman, and why? With the woman unconscious, and no leads, Casey and Eric don’t know where the threat is coming from. Plus, the residents of their deeply secretive town are uneasy with this stranger in their midst. Everyone in Rockton wants this mystery solved – and fast.

Published 2021; 359 pages.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: