Monday, February 22, 2021

Wearing glasses means you're serious


Monday


 I had fun on Saturday at bead class. However ...

 I am a bead diva. 

 

And I have a reputation for it at the bead store. By "diva" I mean that the piece of jewelry I'm working on has to be RIGHT for me ... it has to click in a way I can't explain ... I just can't work on a piece no matter what the beads are. It has to WORK for me in color and in harmony with the other colors and how the beads interact with each other. Sometimes you can have perfect bead colors in their containers but when you start to put them together into the bracelet ... it just doesn't go at all. Like this past weekend. 

The colors I had planned -- the frosted aqua and the antique copper/bronze are beautiful. But in the pattern of this bracelet, the aqua wasn't strong enough to "peek out" from the sort of cage of netting. 

So after much fretting and starting a second bracelet that wasn't "it" either, I started roaming and looking around the store for inspiration. And I found it. They were actually triangle shaped and a transparent yellow with blue lining. I don't like yellow ... but this WORKED. And then I found some yellow AB bicones that worked. And still I HATE yellow. And then to find the right smaller beads on top, that took some trial and error, but you really can't go wrong with gold.

 

This photo doesn't do it justice. It's really sparkly and the yellow is more gold-ish and kind of amazing-looking in person. Sometimes I shock and amaze myself with what turns out; it's a journey and when it happens, it feels so good. It just has to be RIGHT and it isn't right until it IS right. It feels kind of like creating art to me rather than just slinging beads together which is what some people can do. I have to impress myself or what's the point?

 


 Anyhoo, I got it done except for adding a clasp. I don't know when the next class is yet but I've already got the beads for it. I hope and have crossed fingers they will be ok because they're beautiful.

 


Have a good day


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: