Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday mmmleh.


Monday. 

 


 I had a good time at the coffee place on Saturday with my beading buddies. It was only me, Ann, Jim, and Patt but it was very very good. I had a cup of cappuccino and a bottle of water while there. I didn't eat any of the cupcakes brought for Jim's birthday. I worked on this peyote bracelet in such a pretty winter plaid. 


 We started at about 1pm and we left shortly after 3. Nice and sweet.

 


After a roaring start in my reading year, I'm stalled out. So my go-to author in this situation is my re-reading of Dame Frevisse. Currently reading THE REEVE'S TALE by Margaret Frazer. 9th of 17 in series featuring Dame Frevisse, a medieval nun in Oxfordshire, England.

 


 As reeve of the small village of Pryor Byfield, Simon Perryn must rule on many local disputes - a task he often shares with the steward of St. Frideswide's nunnery. But when the steward is accused of dishonesty and forced to step aside, the worldly Dame Frevisse is sent to replace him. Her new duties thrust the reluctant Frevisse into the conflicts, rivalries, and domestic dramas of the locals - and when a plague sweeps through the town, the overworked nun must stay so as not to expose the nunnery to the disease. But after two villagers are brutally killed, Frevisse must divide her time between tending for the sick and searching for the truth. As death casts a cloud over Prior Byfield, fear and suspicion reign - and Frevisse's keen deductions lead her ever closer to the disturbing truth...

Published 2000; 292 pages.

Tonight for dinner, Steve loved the hash brown casserole so much last night that he's having leftovers tonight. I'm going to make Lemon Chicken Soup for my lunches and I'll have a bowl of it tonight. I usually make my Egg Roll Soup but I'm wanting to give this a try.

 

 

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: