Monday, January 9, 2023

Don't wanna come out


 Monday

 


The weekend was pretty good. I had my hair trimmed, went to Barnes and Noble for a couple books, and then went to bead group at the coffee shop where I worked on my reading journal. 

 


I finished my Murderbot novella -- three books read in the year (woot!) -- and started another epic fantasy from my list of Twenty-Three in 2023. 

Currently reading THEFT OF SWORDS by Michael J. Sullivan. 1st of Riyria Revelations trilogy.


Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, make a profitable living carrying out dangerous assignments for conspiring nobles-until they are hired to pilfer a famed sword. What appears to be just a simple job finds them framed for the murder of the king and trapped in a conspiracy that uncovers a plot far greater than the mere overthrow of a tiny kingdom. Can a self-serving thief and an idealistic swordsman survive long enough to unravel the first part of an ancient mystery that has toppled kings and destroyed empires? And so begins the first tale of treachery and adventure, sword fighting and magic, myth and legend.

Published 2011; 694 pages. I'm really liking it. Having two protagonists like this and their banter is refreshing. Good court intrigue in fantasy setting. I'm zooming through it.

And we finished the last three episodes of Jack Ryan last night. It was a good third season. Lots of good espionage stuff. 

 


 Nothing else going on today. The usual. Ryker, feed Steve, read, bed.

 


 Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: